Welcome to Climate Policy Radar, a leading resource on global climate law and policy.
This website provides a user interface for the Climate Policy Radar Database and the Climate Policy Radar Application ("CPR Database and App"). The CPR Database builds on over a decade of work at the Grantham Research Institute to provide data and insights on climate change law and policy worldwide to support informed and ambitious climate change policymaking and research. The work is underpinned by a partnership between the Grantham Research Institute at the London School of Economics and Climate Policy Radar.
The following Terms govern the use of the CPR Database and App and the ‘Climate Change Laws of the World’ interface for the Climate Policy Radar App (”CCLW Interface”).
The CPR Database and App are operated by Climate Policy Radar CIC ("CPR"). The CCLW Interface is jointly operated by CPR and the Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment at the London School of Economics (”GRI”), and hosted at https://climate-laws.org.
To access the methodology and code book for the CPR Database and its third party data providers, please click here.
Using the CPR Database and App
- Climate Policy Radar actively encourages and supports the use of information from the CPR Database and App for a wide range of purposes.
- Climate Policy Radar, its collaborators, licensors, or authorised contributors to the CPR Database and App own the copyright, database right and all other intellectual property rights (whether registered or unregistered and anywhere in the world) in the selection, coordination, arrangement and enhancement of the CPR Database and App, as well as in the content original to it.
Open data under the CC-BY Licence
- Climate Policy Radar is pleased to make the content of the CPR Database available as open data under the Creative Commons Attribution Licence (CC-BY). Under this Creative Commons licence you are free to:
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
- Share — copy and redistribute the CPR material in any medium or format
- Licence terms: Climate Policy Radar will not revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms - see full legal code, which include but are not limited to these key issues:
- Attribution: You must give CPR and its partners appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use. See suggested citation below.
- No additional restrictions: You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
- Exemptions and Limitations: You do not have to comply with the license for elements of the material in the public domain or where your use is permitted by an applicable exception or limitation.
- No warranties: The license may not give you all of the permissions necessary for your intended use. For example, other rights such as publicity, privacy, or moral rights may limit how you use the material.
When citing use of the Database, you may use this text:
"Sourced from the Climate Policy Radar Database, https://app.climatepolicyradar.org and made available under the Creative Commons CC-BY licence. The data in this database was sourced primarily from the Grantham Research Institute at the London School of Economics."
When citing a specific data point(s), for example, if citing a summary of a document, please use the following citation:
“This summary was written by researchers at the Grantham Research Institute at the London School of Economics, sourced from Climate Policy Radar, https://app.climatepolicyradar.org and made available under and under the Creative Commons CC-BY licence”
Note: As of May 2023, all climate law and policy summaries in the CPR App were written by researchers at the Grantham Research Institute (as reflected on every document page). Documents from the UNFCCC document registries and data portals are out of the scope for this declaration (see further “Data from third party sources”). This section and recommended citation will be updated to reflect any changes to this.
Climate Policy Radar reserves the right to provide specific licences for commercial use. If you wish to use, copy, redistribute, publish or exploit a substantial amount of the information from the CPR Database for commercial purposes please contact us by emailing email@example.com to discuss this.
- Climate Policy Radar gives no warranty or assurance about the content of the CPR Database. As the CPR Database is under constant development its contents may be incorrect or out-of-date and are subject to change without notice. While Climate Policy Radar makes every effort to ensure that the content of the CPR Database is accurate, CPR cannot accept liability for the accuracy of its content at any given point in time. Any reliance that you may place on the information on the CPR Database is at your own risk.
- The content in the CPR database, including any third party data, does not constitute legal advice. No warranty of accuracy or completeness is made.
- If you identify incomplete or inaccurate information please let us know by filling this form and Climate Policy Radar will endeavour to complete or correct it, as soon as practicable.
Our trade marks
"Climate Policy Radar” and its associated logo are unregistered trade marks of Climate Policy Radar CIC. The use of these trade marks is strictly prohibited unless you have our prior written permission.
Links to other sites
Data from Third Party Sources
The CPR Database and App contains data that were created by third parties. The data includes document summaries that were written by third parties and/or information about the documents (”meta-data”) assigned by third parties, e.g. classifications to sector or legal principle.
|Source||Data||Date first added||Third party terms and conditions|
|Grantham Research Institute, LSE||Law and policy document summaries; selected document metadata||October 2022||View|
|Global Stocktake Information Portal||Submissions to the first Global Stocktake by parties and non-Party stakeholders||23 May 2023||View|
|NDC Registry||Nationally Determined Contributions||23 May 2023||View|
|Adaptation Communications Registry||Adaptation Communications||23 May 2023||View|
|NAP Central Portal||National Adaptation Plans||23 May 2023||View|
|TNA Portal||Technology Needs Assessments||23 May 2023||View|
|Fast-Start Finance Country Reports||Country Finance reports||23 May 2023||View|
|IPCC Website||IPCC reports from 2015||23 May 2023||View|
|Additional data sources will be added here as they are added to the CPR database and app|
Changes To This Agreement
Climate Policy Radar reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms and Conditions by posting the updated terms on the Site. Your continued use of the Site after any such changes constitutes your acceptance of the new Terms and Conditions.
Please review this Agreement periodically for changes. If you do not agree to any of this Agreement or any changes to this Agreement, do not use, access or continue to access the Site or discontinue any use of the Site immediately.
If you have any questions about this Agreement, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org